Labels

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Introducing, Know Your Thrift

Hello brave and faithful readers!  I'm back (already!) with another introduction.  One of my genius (if dare say so myself) ideas for this blog is a series of posts about thrift stores and thrifting in general.  If you live in a town like mine, there is no shortage of thrifting opportunities (there's a thrift store in almost every strip mall in town).  For the patient shopper, with a open mind and an eye for potential,  these stores can be gold mines for unique, inspired fashion and home decor.  If you are willing to put a little bit of time into your discoveries you are on your way to many inexpensive, environmentally friendly, socially responsible and super stylish buys.

Still not convinced?  That's where I come in.  I'm going to take you on a tour of some of my favorite thrift treasures in Tucson.  Even if you live elsewhere I hope they will inspire you to go find your own local treasures.  We'll search for the resale diamonds among stores I know and love as well as stores I've only just discovered.  Together we will pick out treasures, learn techniques for personalizing finds and share some of the ways in which I incorporate thrift store buys into my wardrobe, life etc.

Coming soon: a sneak peak at my materials haul from the last two days!  Sooooo much shopping, now the fun begins!

Always,
elizzaruth

No comments:

Post a Comment